Storm drainage systems within Town street rights-of-way are maintained by the Public Works Department. Storm drainage systems outside of Town street rights-of-way are the responsibility of the property owner.

For public right-of-way maintenance issues and to report clogged, non-functioning or damaged storm drains, contact the Public Works Department at (910) 293-4660. Do not place grass clippings, leaves, brush, or other items that would restrict water flow in ditches or the street curb and gutter area. Yard debris items should be placed on the edge of the front yard, and off the street pavement for collection. This will help to prevent clogged storm drain systems.

For answers to FAQ regarding the Town’s Stormwater Utility, please click here. For other questions, please contact the Public Works Department at (910) 293-4660.